Monday, August 10, 2009

Austin Ghost Walk

October 2008

I go to Austin, Texas each year to visit my daughter, Brandi, My son-in-law, Michael and my grandchildren, Tristan, Shaylee and Jaden.
This year Brandi and I went on the Austin Ghost Walk in downtown Austin. It was a great evening for Brandi and I. I can't begin to tell you of the places that we went. All I know is that our guide walked very quickly and talked really fast. We did go into the lobby of the Hilton Hotel, which was quite impressive. The story, told by our guide, was that the building is inhabited by the ghosts of two cleaning personnel and a man who committed suicide by jumping from the 16th floor. Luckily, there was a gift shop there,as Brandi's camera batteries died. She said they were fresh. It's a mystery.
Our guide lead us to the Driskill Hotel. What a beautiful place! Our guide recited a tale of a woman who can still be seen entering a room in an older part of the hotel, arms full of shopping bags. I would have loved to have been able to see a room or two. Unfortunately, we were only allowed access to the lobby. Very rich.
The last stop on the tour was the O'Henry House. The story told is of a child who died of whooping cough. The mother of this child was so heartbroken, that she would not leave the dead child for 2 or 3 days. It is said that sometimes you will see the indentation of her body where she sat on the bed. Since we were outside, no one was able to see this phenomena.
I did not catch any anomalies at any of these sites. However, Brandi did take some interesting photos.
At the O'Henry House, Brandi's photo shows "orbs" on a window of the house and on the tree in the center. I'm not big on orbs but do find it interesting since Brandi and I were pretty much side by side taking pictures. Her photos show orbs and mine do not. If there was dust or insects flying around, you would think that they would be in my photos as well. What do you think?
Brandi had another interesting photo of a window of one of the buildings we went to.
In the second pane down on the right side of the lower left window, I see the image of a face. Whether my brain is matrixing or not, I can't say. All I know is that I see a face. You decide.
It was a great mother-daughter evening for two ghost hunters. Can't wait to see what we do next year!
For more W.I.G.S. go to:
hauntedwest.blogspot.com
www.myspace.com/w_i_g_s

No comments:

Post a Comment